For some reason this summer, we are really digging fish. We started out having fish once a week. Now we are up to three times a week and experimenting with different types. My usual type A personality traits are loosening up as I try different seasonings with the fish. Call it my creative juices flowing!
Perch with Summer Succotash
(The succotash is from my favorite cookbook, The Earthbound Cook and could be eaten by itself!)
1. Pat the perch dry. Generously rub olive oil on all sides of the fillets.
2. In a small bowl combine paprika, minced garlic ( 2 cloves), chopped basil leaves, and salt, to taste.
3. Sprinkle spices over the fillets.
4. Cook in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes about 300.
Succotash (for 2)
1/2 c edamame beans
1 c of fresh corn kernels
1/2 c cucumber diced
1/4 Olive oil
Fresh basil chopped
1. Boil water and add the edamame beans. Cook for about 2 minutes. Added corn. Remove from heat and drain. Let them sit until they are at room temp.
2. Combine cucumber, tomatoes, olive oil, basil then add the veggies.
3. Spoon succotash over the cooked fillets. Enjoy!
Okay we really liked the succotash. We were very generous with it! The perch turned out such a beautiful color. Loved it!
It was amazing paired with a German Riesling!